Hog4PC and Windows 8.1

I cannot get Hog4PC to launch on my Windows 8.1 machine. I get the standard startup window and can launch existing or new show, but then I get stuck on the small "Hog Control System" window.
("running
launching playback process"
launching the desktop process")
The actual desktop or screens never open. All firewalls are off, only 1 LAN is enabled.

I've had it work on this computer before. It opened about 5 times without issue, then this problem started occurring. I have been unistalling and reinstalling over and over everyday for weeks without any success.

Anybody experience this? Any tips?

Thanks
Parents
  • Through a bunch of research it seems my problem may be that my Windows 8.1 is an update and not a full install. I'll wait for my Windows 10 update to see if the problem persists. Hopefully I can avoid a full install. I have way to many programs and preferences to want to deal with a full day or two of rebuilding.

One thing I've learned for sure. The msicuu2.exe program recommended by High End completely screwed my registry up. Luckily I create a restore point everyday and was able to get back to normal with little issue. Save yourself a headache and do not use the msicuu2.exe uninstall program on an updated Windows 8.1 without making a restore point first.

• Through a bunch of research it seems my problem may be that my Windows 8.1 is an update and not a full install. I'll wait for my Windows 10 update to see if the problem persists. Hopefully I can avoid a full install. I have way to many programs and preferences to want to deal with a full day or two of rebuilding.

One thing I've learned for sure. The msicuu2.exe program recommended by High End completely screwed my registry up. Luckily I create a restore point everyday and was able to get back to normal with little issue. Save yourself a headache and do not use the msicuu2.exe uninstall program on an updated Windows 8.1 without making a restore point first.

Children
No Data