Hog4PC and Windows 8.1

I cannot get Hog4PC to launch on my Windows 8.1 machine. I get the standard startup window and can launch existing or new show, but then I get stuck on the small "Hog Control System" window.
("running
launching playback process"
launching the desktop process")
The actual desktop or screens never open. All firewalls are off, only 1 LAN is enabled.

I've had it work on this computer before. It opened about 5 times without issue, then this problem started occurring. I have been unistalling and reinstalling over and over everyday for weeks without any success.

Anybody experience this? Any tips?

Thanks
Parents
  • Your problem is not a Windows problem, it's about Hog4 PC and the Windows firewall don't get along. You have to set some firewall rules by hand.
    I have that same problem at the moment, setting up a new user on a 8,1 machine, my bad luck is I had it running but do not remember the exact rules to alter any more.
    Same thing is on Windows 10, Hog4 PC also stops at the "Starting DP8..." line.
  • Your problem is not a Windows problem, it's about Hog4 PC and the Windows firewall don't get along. You have to set some firewall rules by hand.
    I have that same problem at the moment, setting up a new user on a 8,1 machine, my bad luck is I had it running but do not remember the exact rules to alter any more.
    Same thing is on Windows 10, Hog4 PC also stops at the "Starting DP8..." line.
Children
No Data