Visualiser not working

So far I have been using Light covers to make my training more efficient. Unfortunately
after installing the new version on both PC and RH4, I am not able to get LC working. Then I tries with Show designer that was working perfectly with 3.1 ... .also same thing!
Parents
  • For those of you trying to connect Hog 4 PC v3.2.0 to a visualizer application running on the same computer I think I might have figured what issue you are running into and its related to how Hog connectivity routing is currently handled through network adapters that are in a disconnected state.

Here's how to remedy this issue in v3.2.0:
    1) Launch Hog 4 PC
    2) Open the Control Panel window
    3) Navigate to the FixtureNet tab of the control panel window
    4) Make sure you have a valid network adapter selected in the network adapter selection drop down menu (if you only have one then it will be grayed out... that's okay, just make sure one is listed there).
    5) Ensure that the state of the selected network adapter is "up"
    6) If you running into the problem I am speaking about here then the displayed state will be "down". This means that your network adapter is enabled but the cable is unplugged, or for wireless adapters, this means you are not connected to a wireless access point.
    7) With Hog 4 OS v3.2.0 you must have an "up" adapter state to get the visualizer connectivity data to route properly
    8) For wired network adapters you will need to connect an Ethernet cable from the PC to another PC or network switch. For wireless adapters you will need to connect to a WiFi access point or router.
    9) Once you have done the steps above you should see the network adapter listed in the FixtureNet tab of the Hog control panel has an "up" status then you should be able to proceed with setting up the visualizer connectivity.
    10) Please note this workaround is specific to Hog visualizer connectivity when running Hog4PC and the visualizer on the same PC

In the meantime I am going to speak with the Hog 4 OS dev team and see if we can get local Hog4PC to visualizer connectivity routing to work through disconnected adapters. Until then, let me know if this solution gets you up and running.
  • For those of you trying to connect Hog 4 PC v3.2.0 to a visualizer application running on the same computer I think I might have figured what issue you are running into and its related to how Hog connectivity routing is currently handled through network adapters that are in a disconnected state.

Here's how to remedy this issue in v3.2.0:
    1) Launch Hog 4 PC
    2) Open the Control Panel window
    3) Navigate to the FixtureNet tab of the control panel window
    4) Make sure you have a valid network adapter selected in the network adapter selection drop down menu (if you only have one then it will be grayed out... that's okay, just make sure one is listed there).
    5) Ensure that the state of the selected network adapter is "up"
    6) If you running into the problem I am speaking about here then the displayed state will be "down". This means that your network adapter is enabled but the cable is unplugged, or for wireless adapters, this means you are not connected to a wireless access point.
    7) With Hog 4 OS v3.2.0 you must have an "up" adapter state to get the visualizer connectivity data to route properly
    8) For wired network adapters you will need to connect an Ethernet cable from the PC to another PC or network switch. For wireless adapters you will need to connect to a WiFi access point or router.
    9) Once you have done the steps above you should see the network adapter listed in the FixtureNet tab of the Hog control panel has an "up" status then you should be able to proceed with setting up the visualizer connectivity.
    10) Please note this workaround is specific to Hog visualizer connectivity when running Hog4PC and the visualizer on the same PC

In the meantime I am going to speak with the Hog 4 OS dev team and see if we can get local Hog4PC to visualizer connectivity routing to work through disconnected adapters. Until then, let me know if this solution gets you up and running.
Children
No Data