Touring and Change Fixture Type questions

Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone could help me shed some light on a few things (Pardon the pun). I feel like it's not discussed anywhere or at least anywhere I can find! Would some of you mind sharing how you deal with touring with shows into different house rigs and merging those rigs into your already programmed shows? I have a few unanswered questions such as:

Do you have to recreate your groups everytime you move into a new venue?

If you have a rig that has more of one type of fixture than the day before, Which fixtures do you copy?

Do you have to recreate all your effects if you have something specific like a dim chase that goes from the middle of a truss outwards?

If someone could just talk me through how they go about getting on with a hog when they are touring into different venues/festivals with different rigs it would help me greatly!

Parents
  • One more thing....
    Remember that just because fixtures are present in a house rig, it doesn't mean you have to use them. Depending on how your show is programmed you may decide that you only need a certain amount to recreate your carefully constructed show. Many times I've decided to just not use fixtures as they are superfluous to my requirements - although often it's best to replicate your originals to include these extras and take a look. It only takes a second to park them at zero if you decide they are unnecessary.
  • One more thing....
    Remember that just because fixtures are present in a house rig, it doesn't mean you have to use them. Depending on how your show is programmed you may decide that you only need a certain amount to recreate your carefully constructed show. Many times I've decided to just not use fixtures as they are superfluous to my requirements - although often it's best to replicate your originals to include these extras and take a look. It only takes a second to park them at zero if you decide they are unnecessary.
Children
No Data