MIDI Fast Track Pro causing console to fail to boot

I had been using Hog version 2.7.0 b972 with a M-Audio Fast Track Pro usb device to convert the incoming Mini signal to USB device the console can read and pull time code from. (www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Track-Mobile-Interface-Preamps/dp/B000BD31ZW)

I returned to the venue this was at for the fall season this year to program new tracked shows for the house. I brought along a Road Hog 4 with v3.2.0 on it. Created a new show. Attached the Fast Track pro and in control panel, selected it as my MIDI time code input.

With in a minute the console software would lock up. I reboot the console. Try and load the show. And it gets locked up on "loading dpk2"

Tried rebooting again, and sitll locked up. I could load a new show and all would be well, until I selected the Fast Track Pro. Then it would lock up again.

I ended up having to roll back to v 2.7.0 to get it to work safely.

This issue worked for both the Console firmware, and the 4PC software
  • My guess is that the M-Audio works not as a generic midi-devices which doesn´t need any vendor-specific drivers.

I had always used Midisport Uno oder Midisport 2x2 without any problems or also Mif4
  • The Fast Track Pro has worked fine with older and current Hog 3 versions including v3.2.6 b3434, and as mentioned above, works fine with Hog4 version 2.7.0 b972. It appears with no issue and is plug and play. No special drivers needed for it to work.
  • Here's what I would try in v3.2....

Try starting the show without internal the DP8000 running. Just as a test. It sounds like the internal DP8000 is what is getting choked up. If you can get into the show and see incoming Midi timecode without the DP8000 running then that will tell us a bit more about the problem. To turn of the DP8000 internally just click on settings in the launch show screen and turn off run internal DP.

Also, can you describe the lock up in terms of what you see when you are in a show and the console locks up with the timecode coming? Or even better take a video perhaps?

There is nothing in v3.2.0 that changes support for external Midi class USB devices but perhaps some other unrelated code changes are causing problems.