FULL BOAR 4 and SMPTE 30 problems

Hi to everyone
I'm on tour with a Full Boar 4 (latest release) and a Catalyst V.5 on a new MacPro. I've programmed a show on a single cue list which is triggered by SMPTE 30 signal. I' using the built-in SMPTE input. On stage there are two mac book pro (a MAIN and a SPARE connected to a switch) that send audio sequences and timecode to lights (GM2 system) and video (FullBoar4) and a teleprompter system. Well, everything it's ok during the rehearsals, when we use the only MAIN to send audio sequences. When we connect the SPARE, my timecode, and only my timecode sometimes doesn't start or starts with a delay or with some impossible count like ( -8:-2:-30:-17 ) ( 60:85:30:05 ) . This is a big problem 'cause I've got several video built in sync with the songs. We have tested everything, cables (two XLR, a main and a spare) signal, timecode volume (O db), but nothing to do.
The only solution for now, is that we don't connect the SPARE during the show, but this is not a correct solution.
Next tuesday I'll try with a USB widget and I hope I can solve.

Is there anyone that can give me any suggestion to understand or solve this problem?

Thanks a lot

Paco

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9DHiHft7WTdVlV6eGxhSHJBbW8/view?usp=sharing
Parents
  • Been a while since I've used SMPTE, but nonetheless here's some thoughts...

SMPTE is LTC and is typically sourced and fed as an audio signal.
    Therefore, you need to make sure that the source level is correct.
    Not too high, and not too low.
    Does the Spare have a different level than the Main?

Are you switching between the Main and Spare before starting the SMPTE stream, or after the stream has started?

How much lead up time is there before the first cue?
    We always rolled SMPTE a reasonable amount of time before first cue to make sure it has time to sync and lock.
    And to have a chance to fix issues before curtain and first cue.

What hour is your show in?
    Most folks will say that you should not use 00:00:00.01 as your start.
    We always started at something like 01:00:00.00

Hope this helps.

• Been a while since I've used SMPTE, but nonetheless here's some thoughts...

SMPTE is LTC and is typically sourced and fed as an audio signal.
    Therefore, you need to make sure that the source level is correct.
    Not too high, and not too low.
    Does the Spare have a different level than the Main?

Are you switching between the Main and Spare before starting the SMPTE stream, or after the stream has started?

How much lead up time is there before the first cue?
    We always rolled SMPTE a reasonable amount of time before first cue to make sure it has time to sync and lock.
    And to have a chance to fix issues before curtain and first cue.

What hour is your show in?
    Most folks will say that you should not use 00:00:00.01 as your start.
    We always started at something like 01:00:00.00

Hope this helps.

Children
No Data