Hog4pc trouble

Hi guys, I got a little issue trying to uninstall Hog4pc.
I´m running the software on Windows 8.1. Now trying to uninstall with the recommended windows install cleanup, it disappeared from the list and the shortcut became a " blank piece of paper" icon. But doubleclicking this shortcut still opens the software.
Now, trying to install the software again I get an error message: Could not open key : UNKNOWN\components\(lots of registry digits). Same happens when trying to install Hog3pc.
Did this happen to anyone before or does anybody know a solution?
Thanks, JanG
Parents
  • This happened to me on 8.1 as well....after spending about half a day reading Windows forums and on and off the phone with Windows support I ended up just reinstalling the OS - I couldn't get any of the suggested solutions to work. It has something to do with the first iteration of HogPC not being completely erased, even with the Windows install cleanup utility. The solutions I was finding all included doing something with DOS prompts or editing registries, which you can do real damage with if you're not careful - and operating system/software programming is beyond my knowledge level, so I figured that a clean OS install would also be the safest solution. Fortunately, it worked.

If anyone else has found a functional solution to this that's not as drastic as an OS flash, I'd like to know, in case it happens again.
  • This happened to me on 8.1 as well....after spending about half a day reading Windows forums and on and off the phone with Windows support I ended up just reinstalling the OS - I couldn't get any of the suggested solutions to work. It has something to do with the first iteration of HogPC not being completely erased, even with the Windows install cleanup utility. The solutions I was finding all included doing something with DOS prompts or editing registries, which you can do real damage with if you're not careful - and operating system/software programming is beyond my knowledge level, so I figured that a clean OS install would also be the safest solution. Fortunately, it worked.

If anyone else has found a functional solution to this that's not as drastic as an OS flash, I'd like to know, in case it happens again.
Children
No Data