Pretty major network bug in HogPC

Hey chaps, upgraded to 3.3.0 and I've come across what I think is a pretty major problem.

Unless I'm being a massive idiot and missing something HogPC won't let me configure or use any network interface that isn't active (i.e plugged in and negotiated) and defaults the console to a local loopback address.

this is a pretty shocking problem as even once an ethernet cable is plugged in it won't recognise it so you need to exit HogPC and go back in for it to work.

I've tested this on three PCs now and they are all the same, previously this did not happen.

Parents
  • Hi, I've been testing this and it really doesn't work well.

I've got Cisco switches with spanning tree and with both sources plugged in my nodes just flick between the two sources. Is there an official line from high-end on the best STP settings? It's ridiculous really as it used to work so well before.

I have found a workaround if you want to use a manual failoverover switches, start hogpc with the fixturenet nic connected to a switch then unplug it then it can be put through a manual changeover switch however the moment you unplug and replug a NIC, H4PC looses the ability to modify it as its no longer shown with the correct IP address. Stupid really as it means any network issues cause h4pc to loose this ability.
  • Hi, I've been testing this and it really doesn't work well.

I've got Cisco switches with spanning tree and with both sources plugged in my nodes just flick between the two sources. Is there an official line from high-end on the best STP settings? It's ridiculous really as it used to work so well before.

I have found a workaround if you want to use a manual failoverover switches, start hogpc with the fixturenet nic connected to a switch then unplug it then it can be put through a manual changeover switch however the moment you unplug and replug a NIC, H4PC looses the ability to modify it as its no longer shown with the correct IP address. Stupid really as it means any network issues cause h4pc to loose this ability.
Children
No Data