intensity bug

We ran into the following bug, using a roadhog4 with 3.3.1 and just one internal dmx-output:

-chooser 10, channel 1 @40 in cue 1 and only this one is active
-chooser 10, cue 2 has only a comment macro 'FM2/50t20:GM2', which activates cue1 on chooser 2, this chooser has a priority of 10, the content of cue 1 is channel 1 @20 (so output is 10, because of fader is set to 50%); cue 2 (on chooser 2) is a follow, content is channel 1@full (so output is 50); cue 1 is a follow again, and so on.
-chooser 10, cue 3 has again only a comment macro 'RL2t20' (which was actually running on chooser 2)

When this third cue has a go, i would presume channel 1 should go in 20s. to 40%, from where ever the intensity was in the sequence . What happened was that channel 1 went to 100% in 0s. and after this the intensity decreased in 20s. to 40%. It seems to me that the fader-level is put to full in 0s.

with regards,
sander
Parents
  • Hi Sanders. Indeed this is broke and is regressive in v3.3.1 but was the lesser of two evils we had to choose from in this case. From a code prespective this is what was required in order to fix some of the other major issues regarding intensity. What you will find in v3.3.1 is that the release and play-side fading of "scaled" masters ignores the fader level and crossfades from the "unscaled" level of that master. We all, without a doubt, agree this is wrong and appologize that we couldn't get this completely sorted out in v3.3.1 but we felt the trade-off given our timeline was a reasonable one. I promise our developers are still looking at this and hopefully we will have a more comprehensive solution for scaled master playback soon.

Chris, does this include IPCB faders??

I like to build a "VIDEO" fader and use IPCB. This cuelies takes everything to 0 and fades the house LEDs to Blue. Set it as a IPCB in order to fade it in and out. However, I'm finding in 3.3.1 that if certain lekos are out (but active in another cue), they still pop up FULL before fading down.

Thoughts?
  • Hi Sanders. Indeed this is broke and is regressive in v3.3.1 but was the lesser of two evils we had to choose from in this case. From a code prespective this is what was required in order to fix some of the other major issues regarding intensity. What you will find in v3.3.1 is that the release and play-side fading of "scaled" masters ignores the fader level and crossfades from the "unscaled" level of that master. We all, without a doubt, agree this is wrong and appologize that we couldn't get this completely sorted out in v3.3.1 but we felt the trade-off given our timeline was a reasonable one. I promise our developers are still looking at this and hopefully we will have a more comprehensive solution for scaled master playback soon.

Chris, does this include IPCB faders??

I like to build a "VIDEO" fader and use IPCB. This cuelies takes everything to 0 and fades the house LEDs to Blue. Set it as a IPCB in order to fade it in and out. However, I'm finding in 3.3.1 that if certain lekos are out (but active in another cue), they still pop up FULL before fading down.

Thoughts?
Children
No Data