Use Universes 9-16 instead of 1-8

Is there any way in the current setup of the Hog line to use a different range of DMX Universes?

Case in point...
We are a road house. I'd LIKE to move my entire rig to Universes 9-16 (still keeping within my 8 universe count) to make it easier for touring consoles to take over our rig. Most consoles come in and their shows are already using universes 1-4. Moving my Universes higher would allow for guest rigs to not have to move all of their current patches in order to use Artnet into my system.

Just curious...
Parents
  • Ok...now that we are making additions, I'm getting stuck in a bind. Our new house plot will be 7 universes. Since I'm limited to 16 artnet universes and I'm using 7, I now need 14 universes on Artnet in order to use Artnet in. However, that ties me up for allowing any additional universes for guest to pass through.

Example:
    They have universes 1-6 on their show file
    I have universes 9-15 on my console
    If they want to control my stuff in addition to theirs, there isn't enough room on 16 universes to do the Artnet in because it's limited to 1-16.

If it was possible to assign my console to be 17-24, there wouldn't be an issue. Or allow HIGHER universes to be used for Artnet IN and I could put them on 17-24 to control my 9-16.

Anyone have any suggestions for this? It seems pointless to have to add a DP8000 just to allow the traffic to come INTO my console.
  • Ok...now that we are making additions, I'm getting stuck in a bind. Our new house plot will be 7 universes. Since I'm limited to 16 artnet universes and I'm using 7, I now need 14 universes on Artnet in order to use Artnet in. However, that ties me up for allowing any additional universes for guest to pass through.

Example:
    They have universes 1-6 on their show file
    I have universes 9-15 on my console
    If they want to control my stuff in addition to theirs, there isn't enough room on 16 universes to do the Artnet in because it's limited to 1-16.

If it was possible to assign my console to be 17-24, there wouldn't be an issue. Or allow HIGHER universes to be used for Artnet IN and I could put them on 17-24 to control my 9-16.

Anyone have any suggestions for this? It seems pointless to have to add a DP8000 just to allow the traffic to come INTO my console.
Children
No Data