Hog 4 Playback wing Touchscreen issues

We just upgraded to 3.4.0 and, with a new rig, have been building an entirely new show file (not an upgraded show file). During a programming session...somehow we lost the Wing touchscreen (not on a reboot...DURING programming). Mouse presses work fine, but the touch screen no longer operates. I have tried reboots (different orders...console first, wing second...wing first, console second). I have tried booting with no DVI/USB cables attached and plugged them all back in. I have tried swapping USB ports. And still nothing.

I even went so far as to reinstall the full console ISO hoping it would "trick" the touchscreen into working. Still nothing.

Any thoughts on what may have happened?
Anything I can check inside the wing or console?
I'm at a loss.

Roadhog 4
Hog 4 Playback Wing
USB Keyboard
USB Trackball
Parents
  • Hi,

Sorry no one has responded. I will try to help you narrow this down.

Even though you have rebooted with and without USB plugged in, this looks like the most likely area to have a problem. Is the connection at the H4 Wing loose in any way? Could there be a problem anywhere with the connection?

Also, when you plug in the USB of the touchscreen to a different port it will lose calibration information and a reboot is required, so try not to do that for the time being. Let's narrow this down without losing calibration.

There is a syslogger available as part of the Log (pig-open-1), it is on the Launcher tab. The debug box is not checked by default, check the debug box to turn it on. This will allow us to monitor if the USB connection is coming and going or other system errors.

I know you cannot during a show stop, but if it occurs at a time that is convenient, then first try to re-calibrate; the point being to establish that we can communicate directly to the input subsystem. If those presses are working, the the data is getting to the system correctly and we probably have a problem with X configuration in some way.

There is also the Touchscreen Test application. This will test that X is receiving presses correctly. I would like you to try this if possible also. If this test succeeds then we can start looking at Hog4 application and it's libraries.

Again, sorry for the delay, I hope we can narrow the answer down soon.

donald
  • Hi,

Sorry no one has responded. I will try to help you narrow this down.

Even though you have rebooted with and without USB plugged in, this looks like the most likely area to have a problem. Is the connection at the H4 Wing loose in any way? Could there be a problem anywhere with the connection?

Also, when you plug in the USB of the touchscreen to a different port it will lose calibration information and a reboot is required, so try not to do that for the time being. Let's narrow this down without losing calibration.

There is a syslogger available as part of the Log (pig-open-1), it is on the Launcher tab. The debug box is not checked by default, check the debug box to turn it on. This will allow us to monitor if the USB connection is coming and going or other system errors.

I know you cannot during a show stop, but if it occurs at a time that is convenient, then first try to re-calibrate; the point being to establish that we can communicate directly to the input subsystem. If those presses are working, the the data is getting to the system correctly and we probably have a problem with X configuration in some way.

There is also the Touchscreen Test application. This will test that X is receiving presses correctly. I would like you to try this if possible also. If this test succeeds then we can start looking at Hog4 application and it's libraries.

Again, sorry for the delay, I hope we can narrow the answer down soon.

donald
Children
No Data