Hog 4 Playback wing Touchscreen issues

We just upgraded to 3.4.0 and, with a new rig, have been building an entirely new show file (not an upgraded show file). During a programming session...somehow we lost the Wing touchscreen (not on a reboot...DURING programming). Mouse presses work fine, but the touch screen no longer operates. I have tried reboots (different orders...console first, wing second...wing first, console second). I have tried booting with no DVI/USB cables attached and plugged them all back in. I have tried swapping USB ports. And still nothing.

I even went so far as to reinstall the full console ISO hoping it would "trick" the touchscreen into working. Still nothing.

Any thoughts on what may have happened?
Anything I can check inside the wing or console?
I'm at a loss.

Roadhog 4
Hog 4 Playback Wing
USB Keyboard
USB Trackball
Parents
  • Since the calibration is not finding the device and the Faders still work, it seems that the USB connections and HUBs are fine. This points to the USB touch screen controller; if it works 'early' in the day, but fails 'later' in the day, it might be related to some component of the touch screen controller that has started failing intermittently. At least that is where the evidence points. If you are able to monitor the syslogger that could confirm it's a lost connection.

If you happen to have another wing you can try it and I would hope the problem goes away. That would confirm it.
  • Since the calibration is not finding the device and the Faders still work, it seems that the USB connections and HUBs are fine. This points to the USB touch screen controller; if it works 'early' in the day, but fails 'later' in the day, it might be related to some component of the touch screen controller that has started failing intermittently. At least that is where the evidence points. If you are able to monitor the syslogger that could confirm it's a lost connection.

If you happen to have another wing you can try it and I would hope the problem goes away. That would confirm it.
Children
No Data