USB Midi Controller Connection to Hog 4 PC

Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me, I'm trying to connect a generic USB Midi Controller to the Hog 4 PC Software. Running the programm on a Win10 System with Lightconverse connected. Also got a Hog 3 Playback Wing which I use without any problems.

I see my device in Network->Settings->Midi Configuration; but I don't really see how it is possible to "learn" the keys of my Controller or how to map them to different "software keys".

The manual wasn't too helpful either -(www.highend.com/pub/support/controllers/documents/HTML/en/sect-midi_note_input.htm)

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here. I just want to be able to use the command section of the program panel with buttons and not by having to click on them with a mouse.

Thank you for your help

Jonathan

Edit:

I connected another controller to Hog 4 PC and enabled it in the Midi Configuration menu. With this controller, some of the buttons I press are recognised in the software. How can I re-map those buttons?

I know what "values" my buttons should have to conform with the values for the buttons inside Hog 4, there are fancy graphics in the manual...

Is there a way to "learn" the buttons?

It's starting to look like I might need a software to re-bind the buttons on the controller, right?

I know this might not actually be a Hog 4 issue per se, but maybe you can help me with this as I don't know a thing about MIDI.