Bug-Lag when usign encoders on Hoglet

Hello everybody, i recently upgraded my Hogon PC to 3.14 and I´m facing a strange behaviour after a while. When scrolling through  (a list or the output for example) by using Open+EncoderWheel (for up/down), the list doesn´t move along with turning the encoder. The scrolling just stops, and after a second or so it moves again. Same is happening, when I want to adjust Pan/Tilt for example.

At first, I thought, it would be in context with the network. I used a laptop with an own superwidget for Backup. Hog-/Fixturenet have their own NICs with different IP ranges, so both nets are separatet. PC with Hoglet had its four universes to ArtNet as well (there was no output on ArtNet). When having turned of the PC with Hoglet, everything went fine for a while, then the upper behaviour came up again. Didn´t have any problems with further versions

Specs of PC with Hoglet: Core i3 8100, 8 Gb RAM, 120 Gb SSD, 27" Multitouch (USB). Hoglet is the first series, it was bought in December 2016. I THINK its version is 2.3, but I am not sure.

Could it be that the patched ArtNet universes cause trouble, when they are not in use? I have to admit that in further versions I had not enabled any DMX-output over network, when having not used it

Parents
  • Thank you everyone for providing excellent insight and feedback into this issue. The symptoms you are reporting sound like they might be related to messaging between the USB device (wing) and the USB driver and/or host.

For those of you still experiencing this issue I would like to ask you to try the following steps to see if it resolves the issue:

1. Open the windows task manager (ctl+alt+del)
    2. Click on the details tab
    3. Look for a process called WUDF Host (you might see more than one since you have multiple wings plugged in)
    4. Right click on each of these tasks and set the priority to HIGH

The priority changes do not persist through reboots and possibly not through application quit/restart so you'll have to keep an eye on it but this was the root cause of some USB LTC Widget frame dropping and its possible the WUDF Host is struggling on Windows again. If this resolves the issue it will help us to start to build a better understand of the root cause. If not, we'll keep digging!
  • Thank you everyone for providing excellent insight and feedback into this issue. The symptoms you are reporting sound like they might be related to messaging between the USB device (wing) and the USB driver and/or host.

For those of you still experiencing this issue I would like to ask you to try the following steps to see if it resolves the issue:

1. Open the windows task manager (ctl+alt+del)
    2. Click on the details tab
    3. Look for a process called WUDF Host (you might see more than one since you have multiple wings plugged in)
    4. Right click on each of these tasks and set the priority to HIGH

The priority changes do not persist through reboots and possibly not through application quit/restart so you'll have to keep an eye on it but this was the root cause of some USB LTC Widget frame dropping and its possible the WUDF Host is struggling on Windows again. If this resolves the issue it will help us to start to build a better understand of the root cause. If not, we'll keep digging!
Children
No Data