Fixture builder

Hi,
In fixture builder, I would like change the Feature "continuous" to "variable" for the function "VFX Param".
Unfortunately, "continuous" feature is the only choice.

1st question: Why is it the only choice?
2nd question: How can I change this?

Thank you for your answer.

Regards, 

Gael
Parents
  • It's strange because I notice that it does not work the same way ....

let's build a fixture:
    channel 1: dmx 0> 255, function Cyan, Feature variable, value 0> 100%
    channel 2: dmx 0> 255, function VFX param 1, Feature Continuous, value 0> 255

After building the fixture, patching, etc .... let's put channel 1 @ 100, and channel 2 @ 255 (this is the 1st difference between continuous and variable. continuous values are 0>255 and variable values are 0>100%)
    I record on a cue, open the output window (or dmx output) to see what happens ... And that's when I see that channel 1 goes @ 100 with a fade and the channel 2 goes @ 255 without fade ...

maybe I'm wrong, but it would seem that continuous and variable do not act in the same way.

Do you have a different result?
  • It's strange because I notice that it does not work the same way ....

let's build a fixture:
    channel 1: dmx 0> 255, function Cyan, Feature variable, value 0> 100%
    channel 2: dmx 0> 255, function VFX param 1, Feature Continuous, value 0> 255

After building the fixture, patching, etc .... let's put channel 1 @ 100, and channel 2 @ 255 (this is the 1st difference between continuous and variable. continuous values are 0>255 and variable values are 0>100%)
    I record on a cue, open the output window (or dmx output) to see what happens ... And that's when I see that channel 1 goes @ 100 with a fade and the channel 2 goes @ 255 without fade ...

maybe I'm wrong, but it would seem that continuous and variable do not act in the same way.

Do you have a different result?
Children
No Data