V3.17 Update Palette Issue

I’m having a problem with updating palettes. If I make a change with a fixture and then “Update” the change doesn’t get recorded. However, if I make a change and then “Merge” the change into the palette, the change gets recorded.
Parents
  • Can you possibly describe the exact syntax you are using?

Update is a little special, in that update will only update information that was already in the palette.

For example, you make a palette with gobo1 information. you [RECORD] it to your cue, you play the cue back and realize the zoom and focus information is not correct, so you select the fixture, change the gobo, zoom, and focus, and press [UPDATE], selecting the cue and the palette. Since Zoom and Focus were not in the cue or pallete, the gobo 1 information would update, but zoom in focus will not. for this example [MERGE] might be the better option to choose.

Record makes new objects
    Merge adds information to existing objects
    Update, changes information for existing objects
    Move, moves objects
    Copy, copies objects
    Delete, deletes objects
  • Can you possibly describe the exact syntax you are using?

Update is a little special, in that update will only update information that was already in the palette.

For example, you make a palette with gobo1 information. you [RECORD] it to your cue, you play the cue back and realize the zoom and focus information is not correct, so you select the fixture, change the gobo, zoom, and focus, and press [UPDATE], selecting the cue and the palette. Since Zoom and Focus were not in the cue or pallete, the gobo 1 information would update, but zoom in focus will not. for this example [MERGE] might be the better option to choose.

Record makes new objects
    Merge adds information to existing objects
    Update, changes information for existing objects
    Move, moves objects
    Copy, copies objects
    Delete, deletes objects
Children
No Data