V3.17 Update Palette Issue

I’m having a problem with updating palettes. If I make a change with a fixture and then “Update” the change doesn’t get recorded. However, if I make a change and then “Merge” the change into the palette, the change gets recorded.
Parents
  • This needs a serious look at in my opinion. In addition to the irritation of the auto update window covering the mask menu in cases where the size of this is expanded by multiple user kinds, the new masking behaviour (whilst I appreciate it now falls in line with the established masking rules for additive and subtractive), doesn't sit nicely with update. The mask is already specified when the palette is first stored, and for as long as I can remember, when updating that palette the mask has been defined by the content of the palette which is being updated, which worked very well and needed no intervention. The only issue was that Off effect values were being added to palettes when they weren't present originally. In certain circumstances this caused chaos as I've mentioned in depth in past communications with Chris M about this. I feel as though the change just needed to stop the effect values being masked in with update when they weren't present before, but everything else worked well. If a palette had IPCB values in it, and those were changed in the programmer then they could be updated straight away without once again having to specify the mask. The need to now do this slows down the workflow and goes against the way everyone has been using update for years.
  • This needs a serious look at in my opinion. In addition to the irritation of the auto update window covering the mask menu in cases where the size of this is expanded by multiple user kinds, the new masking behaviour (whilst I appreciate it now falls in line with the established masking rules for additive and subtractive), doesn't sit nicely with update. The mask is already specified when the palette is first stored, and for as long as I can remember, when updating that palette the mask has been defined by the content of the palette which is being updated, which worked very well and needed no intervention. The only issue was that Off effect values were being added to palettes when they weren't present originally. In certain circumstances this caused chaos as I've mentioned in depth in past communications with Chris M about this. I feel as though the change just needed to stop the effect values being masked in with update when they weren't present before, but everything else worked well. If a palette had IPCB values in it, and those were changed in the programmer then they could be updated straight away without once again having to specify the mask. The need to now do this slows down the workflow and goes against the way everyone has been using update for years.
Children
No Data