Copy cues from one cuelist to another and keep dotted cue numbers

Hi!
How do you copy a range of cues (containing decimal cues such as .1 and .5) to another sequence and keep the decimals?
I'm trying the following: List 3 Cue 302 Thru 387 Copy To List 25 Cue 402.
This does indeed copy all the cues but gives every cue a whole number. Trying to write List 3 Cue 302 Thru 387 Copy To List 25 Cue 402 Thru 487 gives me an error.

If I copy a range of cues to the end of the cue list with no other cues behind it, it works but if I try to copy a range of cues and insert them before an existing cue it will renumber them.

Is this a bug?

/Michael
Parents
  • Hi Michael,

I totally understand that moving 120 cues that way is absolutely painful, but there is no other way I know of to preserve the decimals exactly as they are.

I do know what the task error is, it's saying there are too many cues to put into that range, I assume there are point cues in your 302 thru 387 range. If you just left it at Copy to list 25 Cue 402 Enter then all the cues would be copied they just wouldn't be decimals. This is legacy behavior, on Hog 3 there was literally a giant popup with the error you described, I tried that this morning.

Is there any particular reason you are using point cues and need them to stay that way? I'm not a big point cue user myself, I hit renumber quite frequently when I find myself inserting cues.

• Hi Michael,

I totally understand that moving 120 cues that way is absolutely painful, but there is no other way I know of to preserve the decimals exactly as they are.

I do know what the task error is, it's saying there are too many cues to put into that range, I assume there are point cues in your 302 thru 387 range. If you just left it at Copy to list 25 Cue 402 Enter then all the cues would be copied they just wouldn't be decimals. This is legacy behavior, on Hog 3 there was literally a giant popup with the error you described, I tried that this morning.

Is there any particular reason you are using point cues and need them to stay that way? I'm not a big point cue user myself, I hit renumber quite frequently when I find myself inserting cues.

Children
No Data