Novation Launchpad mini MK3

Hello,

Anyone who tried hooking up a Launchpad mini MK3 to a roadhog? Seems to detect the unit, but no midi coming in..

Thanks!

Parents
  • This is not a device that I have tested, or honestly heard of before, so my knowledge of it is based off of the manual.

One thing is I noticed that the device needs to be connected to a computer to be configured, but I am not sure that this step doesn't also install drivers on the computer for this device to operate.  If drivers need to be installed on a computer to use the device, this device won't work on Hog 4 consoles. If the device is showing up in the Console Settings MIDI Configuration tab in the Network Window, that is a good sign that is isn't a concern.

Looking at the manual, the device needs to be in Custom mode, and it needs to have MIDI Notes configured there from Novation's software. I am not sure if you have performed this step.

Once the device is able to generate MIDI Notes, then you should be able work along with Chapter 21.2 of the Hog 4 OS manual (linked below) to configure which MIDI Notes trigger what functions on the console.  You will need to be using v3.15.0 or newer for these steps to work.

https://www.etcconnect.com/WebDocs/Controls/Hog4/index.htm#21_MIDI/MIDINoteandCCinput.htm?TocPath=21%2520-%2520MIDI%257C_____2

• This is not a device that I have tested, or honestly heard of before, so my knowledge of it is based off of the manual.

One thing is I noticed that the device needs to be connected to a computer to be configured, but I am not sure that this step doesn't also install drivers on the computer for this device to operate.  If drivers need to be installed on a computer to use the device, this device won't work on Hog 4 consoles. If the device is showing up in the Console Settings MIDI Configuration tab in the Network Window, that is a good sign that is isn't a concern.

Looking at the manual, the device needs to be in Custom mode, and it needs to have MIDI Notes configured there from Novation's software. I am not sure if you have performed this step.

Once the device is able to generate MIDI Notes, then you should be able work along with Chapter 21.2 of the Hog 4 OS manual (linked below) to configure which MIDI Notes trigger what functions on the console.  You will need to be using v3.15.0 or newer for these steps to work.

https://www.etcconnect.com/WebDocs/Controls/Hog4/index.htm#21_MIDI/MIDINoteandCCinput.htm?TocPath=21%2520-%2520MIDI%257C_____2

Children
No Data