Hog4 older Consoles direkt DMX out not working in 3.19?

It seems to be a bit weird that sometimes it is not possible to bring out direct DMX form the internal DP of older Consoles. It happened to me with a Full-size (2013) and a friend of mine reported this today with his Road Hog.

I heard this before already from two different colleagues and full size consoles..

This seems to be related to 3.19.0 and .1 and is hardly reproducible. The Artnet/sACN out seems to work properly in these moments..

Did anybody encounter something similar? Just curious

Thanks and best

Rolf

Parents
  • Hello,

Please make sure your DMX ports are mapped. Please see the help manual for port mapping 3.10 Processor Output Map

• Hey Gabbi, unfortunately it is not that easy to solve. Indeed we had time to investigate into that a bit deeper and tried every single solution back and forth but ended up using another sACN Node to bring out the DMX for the last few Fixtures at FOH.  A few days later different show with the same console and -> no problem. DMX Mapping, Patching, Priorities - all this was checked multiple times by different people but no luck. As mentioned in my original post this happened already to a few colleagues of mine all with the same result.. 

Just curious if somebody else made similar experiences for possibly shrinking this down to certain behaviours..

Nevetheless many thanks for your help

Best

Rolf

• Thanks for the info! Do you have the show file? I know you mentioned the console worked on different shows so I am wondering if there could be a show file issue. I can load it on an original Hog 4 and look at it Slight smile unless it was a case where it worked with the same show on the same console the next day but that does not sound like the case

Reply Children