Fixture Builder Help

I need help understanding what Functions these correlate to in the fixture builder of the Hog Console. Please and Thank you!

Mainly Channels - 5, 9, 22, 23 > 27, 32(Auto Features.)

I also am not sure where the main color mixing is located. I'm assuming it's under 28-31 and 10-21 is the individual ring controls. 

Parents
  • For a lot of these, you may need to utilize the Advanced tab. Below, unless I state otherwise, assume I am using the Advanced tab. When I specify a function of something/something, the first something is the left column and the second something is the right column.

Channel 5

• Set the function to Position/Position Time, with a feature of Track. I would set the DMX to be 255>0 as I usually set 100% to align with the fast setting

Channel 9

• Use the function Control/Dimmer Curve and set up the modes as features

Channel 22

• Function of Colour 1/Colour, set the feature to Continuous and set the value to 0-100%. You will have to dial the encoder to get the setting you want, but then you can save that as a palette for easy recall
    • In the Basic tab, set Colour to be 10 slots, delete the rotations at the bottom, and change the DMX ranges

Channel 23

• I would set this to be function of Macro, feature of Continuous, and a value range of 0>255

Channel 24

• Set it to a macro rate with the same macro number as channel 23

Channel 25

• Set this to be a different macro number. You can do the Continuous feature again, or since this clearly states what it does, you could create slots for each graphic

Channel 26

• Set it to macro rate with the same macro number as channel 25

Channel 27

• Set this to be Background/BG Strobe or Strobe 2

Channel 32

• If you want all the functionality, I would make this be a differently numbered macro
    • If you just want the ability to do a fixture reset, set the function to Control/Fixture Control, and have a feature of Idle set to DMX of 0, and a feature of Global Reset set to DMX of 255

For any of these channels, if you do not intend to use them, you can set a Constant value in the Basic tab to whatever DMX value allows you to  bypass the channel. For example, for channel 5, you could set a constant of 0, since the console has the ability to modify fade times.

Also, if you have not been doing it so far, press the "Build Type" button frequently so you know when you have made a mistake. If too many mistakes accumulate, the build failed message will not be able to tell you what caused the failure.

• For a lot of these, you may need to utilize the Advanced tab. Below, unless I state otherwise, assume I am using the Advanced tab. When I specify a function of something/something, the first something is the left column and the second something is the right column.

Channel 5

• Set the function to Position/Position Time, with a feature of Track. I would set the DMX to be 255>0 as I usually set 100% to align with the fast setting

Channel 9

• Use the function Control/Dimmer Curve and set up the modes as features

Channel 22

• Function of Colour 1/Colour, set the feature to Continuous and set the value to 0-100%. You will have to dial the encoder to get the setting you want, but then you can save that as a palette for easy recall
    • In the Basic tab, set Colour to be 10 slots, delete the rotations at the bottom, and change the DMX ranges

Channel 23

• I would set this to be function of Macro, feature of Continuous, and a value range of 0>255

Channel 24

• Set it to a macro rate with the same macro number as channel 23

Channel 25

• Set this to be a different macro number. You can do the Continuous feature again, or since this clearly states what it does, you could create slots for each graphic

Channel 26

• Set it to macro rate with the same macro number as channel 25

Channel 27

• Set this to be Background/BG Strobe or Strobe 2

Channel 32

• If you want all the functionality, I would make this be a differently numbered macro
    • If you just want the ability to do a fixture reset, set the function to Control/Fixture Control, and have a feature of Idle set to DMX of 0, and a feature of Global Reset set to DMX of 255

For any of these channels, if you do not intend to use them, you can set a Constant value in the Basic tab to whatever DMX value allows you to  bypass the channel. For example, for channel 5, you could set a constant of 0, since the console has the ability to modify fade times.

Also, if you have not been doing it so far, press the "Build Type" button frequently so you know when you have made a mistake. If too many mistakes accumulate, the build failed message will not be able to tell you what caused the failure.

Children
No Data