Hardware upgrades for roadhog 4

I have many questions I haven't really thought to ask until now.  As many people have noted, things like the patch window has always been very slow, but now the preferences window can be extremely slow as well.  That got me thinking about the machine I already own...

Question 1:  Can I upgrade the ram and SSD?  I'm assuming I can go to 8GB and a 256GB SSD without much issue... why would I do this?  Many reasons.  This machine is over 10 years old and version 4.0 seems to be showing that more and more.

Question 2:  Is there a drop in processor upgrade I can look for?  I am plenty familiar with building pcs, putting an upgraded chip into a similar socket type is more of an AMD thing so I don't have much hope here.

Question 3:  Can I simply drop in the motherboard from the RoadHog 4-21?  It's nearly impossible to find actual documentation of the internals so I'm left asking the questions here.

Question 4:  Can I install motorized faders in the roadhog 4?  Again I can't see the internals of the hog 4 or 4-19, I'm not sure if there's extra hardware to control the motors themselves.  If it's just an extra pcb... is there any way to install that into the roadhog?  (I don't mean physically fit in in there, I know I could, there is a lot of empty space.  I'm aware that the programming for the roadhog and hog 4 are a little different, pcbs a little different... does that make this upgrade impossible?

Parents
  • Hello,

You can upgrade the hard drive but besides that I would not recommend any changes. The motherboard and its components are not consumer grade and the console uses them to help identify platform type. An upgrade of the motherboard to the 4-21 motherboard is not offered as far as I know and definitely not tested. The faders are very different and cannot be swapped out.

The loading of the library gets longer the more fixtures and data are in the library and the data increased greatly in 4.0.0. Preferences also loads some data as well so that's why it takes a second. After the first time preferences should open at normal speed.

• I realize this should have been posted in the technical questions section.  I did not see it before.

Reply Children
No Data