hog 4.1 Compound fixture import bug

Hey, so when i import compound fixtures i have made.  that have worked ok in 3.20.  after i patch them and grab them about 20 seconds after attempting to adjust colors or something the program crashes.  i am working on hog4 pc.  and it happens every time.  i even started a hog show on another computer and imported the compound fixtures with the same outcome.

Any help would be great thank you!

• Hi, Just a friendly reminder that we are now up to V4.2.  I would try the following:

1. Open a new show in Hog 4 V3.21

2. Merge your 3.20 show into it, then export the show under show manager window "Export" button

3. Import that XML file into a new show in 4.2 under show manager window "Import" button 

Custom fixtures made in Hog 4 V3.x may not carry over to 4.x, especially compound fixtures.  The good news:  The fixture builder in 4.0+ is improved and makes it easier to build them.  You can also request fixture libraries at the below link, just choose the Hog 4 version in the upper left, then manufacturer and model:

Fixture Library Hub (etcconnect.com)

If it's not there, a link pops up to request one.  In my experience so far, if you find the officially released fixture library in V3, there's a better chance of it working vs a custom-built one when exporting shows to 4.2.  If you need any help with the above, please contact us at HESService@etcconnect.com(800)890-8989 in the US or (512)836-2242