Hog 4 (original) shuts black in hot conditions (better known as summer)

Dear All,

as I know this happened not only to me I might list this as a major issue happening to the Hog Platform..

Hog 4 (original) on summer festivals in pretty normal 27°/28° C outside temperature. After a while the Screens go black (just black) and the console is completely unresponsive. 

Unfortunately it is not that unresponsive that the backup console overtakes automatically, not in Hognet nor in sACN. Means you need to disconnect the console from both networks to have the backup take control over that.

I had this issue happen once last year, but wasn't sure at that moment what did happen and last year the European summer was far away from being that hot as this years..

This time I was able to reproduce that. I helped myself with adding an external fan to the rear of the console and this solved the problem. Taking away the fan and 5 Minutes lates - Boom - black and unresponsive. Bringing it back let the console ran as it should..

This happened on SW V 4.1, Hog 4 Playback Wing attached but I'm sure this might be an issue since 3.19 or even earlier and might relate to the internal fans or thermal sensors or whatever. The external fan is a workaround but can't be the final solution.

Hope this can be fixed in some under-the -hood improvements..

Best

Rolf