AutoPalletes For Multi Intensity Fixtures

Hi,

I am not sure if this was ever an official request.

I have a request fore All fixtures that are Multi-Intensity Parameter Fixtures that have Sub-Intensities, to have the Auto-Palette function Create a Per Type Direct 0% Palette and a Global Direct 100% Palette 100% for each globe.

This is mainly for the Movie Fixtures. This should apply to All Multi-Intensity Parameter Fixtures under the categories: Movie Lights, Kino Flos, LumaPanels.

For Space Lights, Chicken Coops, Far Cycs, Image 80s + more

For every new job, we have to create Intensity palettes for every globe of a light, on and off. Sometimes it is just 4 globes, sometimes 14.

A Space Light has 6 globes. We have to record a palettes that is 100% and 0% for each one for each sub-intensity. This is time intensive and taxing for the programmer for every new show we start. Sometime 3 times in one week for commercials.

This should be easy enough since the ability to create auto-palettes is already a function. IT would be great to add to the next build of 3.

Would be great for the next Hog3 build as well.

The more people that voice their approval, the more likely it is to happen.

-Ben
Parents
  • While that is one way to do it, whenever I use these fixtures, the profiles are super helpful and here is why.

I have 10 - 6 Channel Space lights. Most DPs and gaffers use these because they can maintain a white light while changing the overall output.

So if the boss says "give me 2 globes on all the Spacelights," I hit my space light group, then 100% for the master intensity, and then hit hit "globe 1 on" and "globe 2 on" from my intensity palette.

So that was 4 touch screen movements.

Then, he says "Add one more globe to the first 5" So I tap my group for the first 5 fixtures, then I tap, Globe 4 On.

Two touch screen movements.

When its all about speed for the programmer, not sure how you can beat that as individual channels.

-Ben
  • While that is one way to do it, whenever I use these fixtures, the profiles are super helpful and here is why.

I have 10 - 6 Channel Space lights. Most DPs and gaffers use these because they can maintain a white light while changing the overall output.

So if the boss says "give me 2 globes on all the Spacelights," I hit my space light group, then 100% for the master intensity, and then hit hit "globe 1 on" and "globe 2 on" from my intensity palette.

So that was 4 touch screen movements.

Then, he says "Add one more globe to the first 5" So I tap my group for the first 5 fixtures, then I tap, Globe 4 On.

Two touch screen movements.

When its all about speed for the programmer, not sure how you can beat that as individual channels.

-Ben
Children
No Data