TouchOSC and MIDI

Enableing the TouchOSC and midi fader movements on the hog4pc if any hardware is connected.

Related thread: forums.highend.com/showthread.php?p=63722#post63722
  • I would like to see the encoders and faders enabled in OSC for Hog PC.

I have invested quite a bit in HES hardware and to nerf a really nice feature to hopefully increase sales IMHO is not necessary.
  • +1

HOG PC + wings = Console (IMHO)

Would like to see OSC fully enabled for HOG PC to use when I am on stage or up in the air focusing.
  • Hi All,

I have been following this and the previous thread with interest.

I find myself in agreement with those of you who feel that Fader and Encoder control should be activated if a hardware wing be present. It is something which we are looking into.

As soon as we have some news on this front i will revert back.

Many thanks

Chris
  • Hi Chris,

I'm pleased you are in agreement with this.

Can it also be looked into to find a method of activating this in the software for console owners, whether they are connected at the time or not?

When I send my console away ahead of me before a job and I am left with Hog PC in the office. having faders and encoders available on the iPad would be very beneficial and Having just bought a Hog 4, this functionality doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

Cheers

Colin
  • Hey Colin

not unreasonable, but I think hard to handle. This would end up with dongles delivered with a console or so.
    And to be honest, how often do you think will you have to use it. Since years we worked without. Now we have it with the console, and maybe soon with wings attached. Already a big step forward. And there is still the app in planning... So maybe we get faders working there....
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;64024]Hey Colin

not unreasonable, but I think hard to handle. This would end up with dongles delivered with a console or so.
    And to be honest, how often do you think will you have to use it. Since years we worked without. Now we have it with the console, and maybe soon with wings attached. Already a big step forward. And there is still the app in planning... So maybe we get faders working there....

I was under the impression it was going to be with any hardware attached, which means a widget too. If you've got the budget for a hog 4 I'm guessing you've got the budget for a DMX widget and then you could use that as your backup console as well.
  • [QUOTE=Firewood1;64023]When I send my console away ahead of me before a job and I am left with Hog PC in the office. having faders and encoders available on the iPad would be very beneficial and Having just bought a Hog 4, this functionality doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

I agree it would be hard to handle.
    Not really sure there is any need for OSC if you are sitting on front of your H4PC in an office anyway since you have better control directly on the computer.
    The only reason I can think of is to test custom OSC layouts.....but you probably want to do that before the desk goes out anyway.....

OSC is really only useful as a small, basic-functions-only, remote.
    It will never replace a full desk or a Tablet PC networked in as a client.
    IMHO, if you need that much tactility without the full desk in an office setting, you might want to look into purchasing a Nano Wing.
  • [QUOTE=michandrz;64025]I was under the impression it was going to be with any hardware attached, which means a widget too. If you've got the budget for a hog 4 I'm guessing you've got the budget for a DMX widget and then you could use that as your backup console as well.

My setups require often or most of the time more than just a widget...
    So Backups are most of the times done with another console....
    Roadhog will be perfect for that....

Also agree what Marty said.
    Heavy preprogramming or setups are better done with real hardware like a nano or other wings
  • [QUOTE=michandrz;64025]I was under the impression it was going to be with any hardware attached, which means a widget too. If you've got the budget for a hog 4 I'm guessing you've got the budget for a DMX widget and then you could use that as your backup console as well.

I would seriously doubt that.
    I personally think you should have physical faders and encoders attached via a wing or wings to "unlock" that feature via OSC. Not just a DMX widget.
    So a Nano wing might get you control of both.
    A Playback wing might only get you control of faders, and a programming wing might only get you control of encoders (unless you have both wings....then you might get both).

If you need to go to backup solution.....the last thing you're going to be worried about is what you can or cannot do via OSC!