Very very old request

This is an old request on mine and I think it's quite time to dust it off since it has been ignored constantly.
I'd be very happy if we could get a feedback on the playback bar of what function our faders button have been assigned to.
Cheers
Parents
  • [QUOTE=bellons;65152]feedback and information is the way to go. I'm sure you're very smart and you're able to remember by heart what your buttons are doing in every and each fader. Unfortunately I'm quite thick and slow and I need to be reminded what my choices were in the first place. If you think information is chaos why should we have the programmer? Pan, Tilt, Hue, Saturation, keystone, Zoom, CTB, CTO, gobo1, gobo rotation......... Should I go forward?
    Too many information in the programmer, let's get rid of it. Definitely chaotic.
    If implemented properly this feature is going to be more an advantage than a disadvantage. Actually I've seen other desks which give you information about what your buttons are doing and I find it very useful.
    I'm sure someone from HES will eventually pop in and give his contribution to the thread.
    Cheers

Sorry that I made you angry with my posting... That was not my intention.
    Programmer is a whole window... Playbackbar or even the part for one cuelist is so small compared to that size.
    One thing I love about the HOG that you find everything in a fast way. Thats why in most cases a leave the button functions as they are....
    Making every button user configurable means that you have to give information to the user (like other consoles do), but does this make live easier, faster or even clearer?

How fast is a user or the eye of a user to detect 4 or more little icons in a playback bar?!
    Let say you have 4 icons for the 4 buttons, plus up to 3 or 4 icons for other states of the cuelist... all of them very small... plus the names of the cues above, and now selected and choosen master....
    For me some kind of information overload in this small area. And especially in stressy situations where you would need those labels when you cant remember your settings not easy to figure out what is what icon....
  • [QUOTE=bellons;65152]feedback and information is the way to go. I'm sure you're very smart and you're able to remember by heart what your buttons are doing in every and each fader. Unfortunately I'm quite thick and slow and I need to be reminded what my choices were in the first place. If you think information is chaos why should we have the programmer? Pan, Tilt, Hue, Saturation, keystone, Zoom, CTB, CTO, gobo1, gobo rotation......... Should I go forward?
    Too many information in the programmer, let's get rid of it. Definitely chaotic.
    If implemented properly this feature is going to be more an advantage than a disadvantage. Actually I've seen other desks which give you information about what your buttons are doing and I find it very useful.
    I'm sure someone from HES will eventually pop in and give his contribution to the thread.
    Cheers

Sorry that I made you angry with my posting... That was not my intention.
    Programmer is a whole window... Playbackbar or even the part for one cuelist is so small compared to that size.
    One thing I love about the HOG that you find everything in a fast way. Thats why in most cases a leave the button functions as they are....
    Making every button user configurable means that you have to give information to the user (like other consoles do), but does this make live easier, faster or even clearer?

How fast is a user or the eye of a user to detect 4 or more little icons in a playback bar?!
    Let say you have 4 icons for the 4 buttons, plus up to 3 or 4 icons for other states of the cuelist... all of them very small... plus the names of the cues above, and now selected and choosen master....
    For me some kind of information overload in this small area. And especially in stressy situations where you would need those labels when you cant remember your settings not easy to figure out what is what icon....
Children
No Data