Unlock The Universe Count H4PC

Another thread in this forum made me think about this...

Considering that H4PC can be scaled on the user end with the most recent hardware. Would it be possible for you guys over at HES to consider unlocking the internal available universes, being only dependent on the widgets attached?

I am really curious if the latest Hardware can drive much more than what we have access to.

JB
Parents
  • Ok... My own post got me thinking...

Obviously unlocking the Universe count on H4PC for nothing, doesn't help HES's business. So here is an idea.

HES sells a USB dongle or simply a hardware device that plugs in via usb to a user built, rack mounted Linux or Windows based PC. The dongle/device unlocks either unlimited Artnet/aCN universes or a scalable amount of universes based on the dongle license purchased. The unlocked H4PC machine can be run as an H4PC server with all the processes running, or just the DP/multiple DP processes to allow the rackmounted box to serve as a networkable, (Enter Tounge In Cheek) "Hog DMX Mothership".

Whatcha think?

JB
  • Ok... My own post got me thinking...

Obviously unlocking the Universe count on H4PC for nothing, doesn't help HES's business. So here is an idea.

HES sells a USB dongle or simply a hardware device that plugs in via usb to a user built, rack mounted Linux or Windows based PC. The dongle/device unlocks either unlimited Artnet/aCN universes or a scalable amount of universes based on the dongle license purchased. The unlocked H4PC machine can be run as an H4PC server with all the processes running, or just the DP/multiple DP processes to allow the rackmounted box to serve as a networkable, (Enter Tounge In Cheek) "Hog DMX Mothership".

Whatcha think?

JB
Children
No Data