Unlock The Universe Count H4PC

Another thread in this forum made me think about this...

Considering that H4PC can be scaled on the user end with the most recent hardware. Would it be possible for you guys over at HES to consider unlocking the internal available universes, being only dependent on the widgets attached?

I am really curious if the latest Hardware can drive much more than what we have access to.

JB
Parents
  • I get the idea, but any show that has that much gear to drive can certainly afford a dedicated control system, that IMHO is much more reliable than an "off the shelf PC".

I think HES/FPS has done a nice job at balancing the number of universes you can control directly from the computer before you step up to dedicated processing (DP-8000).

I'd much rather (x4) DP-8000s to get 64 universes for example than 16 Super widgets all hooked up with individual USB cables and power supplies to (theoretically) unlock the same output capacity.....at a certain point it just gets messy and turns into a "franken-console" with far too many potential points of failure....

My $0.02
  • I get the idea, but any show that has that much gear to drive can certainly afford a dedicated control system, that IMHO is much more reliable than an "off the shelf PC".

I think HES/FPS has done a nice job at balancing the number of universes you can control directly from the computer before you step up to dedicated processing (DP-8000).

I'd much rather (x4) DP-8000s to get 64 universes for example than 16 Super widgets all hooked up with individual USB cables and power supplies to (theoretically) unlock the same output capacity.....at a certain point it just gets messy and turns into a "franken-console" with far too many potential points of failure....

My $0.02
Children
No Data