Unlock The Universe Count H4PC

Another thread in this forum made me think about this...

Considering that H4PC can be scaled on the user end with the most recent hardware. Would it be possible for you guys over at HES to consider unlocking the internal available universes, being only dependent on the widgets attached?

I am really curious if the latest Hardware can drive much more than what we have access to.

JB
Parents
  • Actually Marty, I was just envisioning Artnet out. On that large of a show, you would probably be running Artnet and sprinkling nodes around, so no need for widgets. One cat 5 cable out of one box into a switch is a lot less messy than a slew of dp8000s on hog net and then an artnet out on every dp8000 into the first or many Artnet switches. Much more that can go wrong there.

IMHO. The mothership seems like a more robust system than a dp8000 for every 16 Universes. Plus your not dealing with multiple network devices that can possibly conflict.

My idea was not a lower budget idea for a large production, but more or less the exact opposite. The hardware that HES has in the DP8000 is probably the same components you would use to put a custom box together and with the custom box you can probably make the PC more stable.
  • Actually Marty, I was just envisioning Artnet out. On that large of a show, you would probably be running Artnet and sprinkling nodes around, so no need for widgets. One cat 5 cable out of one box into a switch is a lot less messy than a slew of dp8000s on hog net and then an artnet out on every dp8000 into the first or many Artnet switches. Much more that can go wrong there.

IMHO. The mothership seems like a more robust system than a dp8000 for every 16 Universes. Plus your not dealing with multiple network devices that can possibly conflict.

My idea was not a lower budget idea for a large production, but more or less the exact opposite. The hardware that HES has in the DP8000 is probably the same components you would use to put a custom box together and with the custom box you can probably make the PC more stable.
Children
No Data