Odd Request for Groups

Not sure if this will make any sense.

I've found that with media layers, it helps to use groups for each of the layers and color the groups with whatever custom color I choose. Then, any layer(Group) that is not being used, I change the custom color intensity to a darker version of the color. This gives the groups of fixtures that are being used the appearance of being highlighted which helps me see which layers I am using.
My request is to automate this by linking the Color Intensity of the custom color to the fixture's Intensity. If the fixture is outputting above 0%, then the color of the group displays at it's normal value, but if the fixture's intensity is programmed at 0%, the custom group color changes to a darker value.

Thoughts?
Parents
  • That's not an odd request at all. I"m using pretty much the same method.

For a long time I have felt that Hog needs a proper and effective way of showing what is live onstage.
    We really need better output window customization. A way to filter out everything you don't wont see. In this case... A way to create an output window only showing mediaserver layers where only live layers are shown.
    But Scott your idea of achieving the same result is also good. I like it.

This also reminds me about another request... It would be nice to be able to filter patch so that it shows only fixtures that are in group or, recorded in cues, scenes or palettes.
    Also to be able to see the opposite would not be bad, I think...
  • That's not an odd request at all. I"m using pretty much the same method.

For a long time I have felt that Hog needs a proper and effective way of showing what is live onstage.
    We really need better output window customization. A way to filter out everything you don't wont see. In this case... A way to create an output window only showing mediaserver layers where only live layers are shown.
    But Scott your idea of achieving the same result is also good. I like it.

This also reminds me about another request... It would be nice to be able to filter patch so that it shows only fixtures that are in group or, recorded in cues, scenes or palettes.
    Also to be able to see the opposite would not be bad, I think...
Children
No Data