Adding an option to the "Wait" column

This feature request came to me after a DSM made an error and called a cue too early. Fixtures were still fading off that were used in the next cue in different positions. As the next cue had a 30 second fade in time you can imagine how ugly that looked as everything very slowly moved and flicked through gobos!

It got me thinking about having a new option for the Wait column, which would not allow the cue to be played until all marking had been completed.

So in my scenario above, when the operator was told to press GO too early, the current cue would continue and as fixtures reached zero they would mark, and only when everything was marked the next cue would then continue to run. This could be indicated with a flashing red box perhaps in the wait column.

I'd like to see the Goto command still be able to move past the cue, but not the GO command, unless everything is positioned first.

I think this could be a very useful option to help prevent seeing live moves at critical points in a performance.

Thoughts anyone?
Parents
  • Split the cue.

Using your scenario -- write a new first cue (Q101) containing only 0% intensity for the fixtures requiring marking. This is the called cue.

The second cue (Q101.2) is your original cue now auto-following (or Follow + 1, etc) the first cue.

You can either set the mark attribute for the second cue or insert & auto-follow your own manual mark between cues (Q101.1).

No matter when the cue is called, the marked channels will always play after marking (unless the board op double/triple taps the GO button).

--L.
  • Split the cue.

Using your scenario -- write a new first cue (Q101) containing only 0% intensity for the fixtures requiring marking. This is the called cue.

The second cue (Q101.2) is your original cue now auto-following (or Follow + 1, etc) the first cue.

You can either set the mark attribute for the second cue or insert & auto-follow your own manual mark between cues (Q101.1).

No matter when the cue is called, the marked channels will always play after marking (unless the board op double/triple taps the GO button).

--L.
Children
No Data