Macro syntax

I am new here and this may have been covered. If so, I apologize.

I would like for comment macro syntax to be more in line with the rest if the system syntax. For example:

If I want to "GO" multiple, non-sequential virtual lists, it seems like the syntax should be GL 41 + 47 as opposed to GL 41 , 47. That comma is just not intuitive and requires fumbling about on a qwerty keyboard for a command that should be almost instantaneous.

Likewise, if I want to automate a fader, it seems to me that the syntax should be FM 10 / 0 TIME 6 as opposed to FM 10 / 0 t 6. Again, my fingers and brain know where the time key is located, but I have to stop and look for the T key and, frankly remember that T is the command that automated a fader over time.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;72195]The macro commands are there since HOG 3.
    So changing them now would cause even more confusion for all programmers who are used to that syntax since many years

I tried using the comma key exactly once in my last programming session. Far too slow and frankly a stupid way to enter data. Re-selecting the comment macro command is much faster but really clutters up the work space and should be unnecessary. As to causing more confusion for legacy programmers (of which I am one) how about when the NEXT key was moved from Hog 2 to Hog 3 or the GO TO key being moved from Hog 3 to Hog 4? (nice move by the way, of course, now I can't find it with muscle memory on either console..hee, hee) Those changes were far more drastic than what I am suggesting.

Changing the macro syntax from something clunky to something intuitive should be simple enough and if anyone were to complain about not getting to use the comma key and instead having use that pesky + key, I would be shocked.
  • [QUOTE=MLorenz;72195]The macro commands are there since HOG 3.
    So changing them now would cause even more confusion for all programmers who are used to that syntax since many years

I tried using the comma key exactly once in my last programming session. Far too slow and frankly a stupid way to enter data. Re-selecting the comment macro command is much faster but really clutters up the work space and should be unnecessary. As to causing more confusion for legacy programmers (of which I am one) how about when the NEXT key was moved from Hog 2 to Hog 3 or the GO TO key being moved from Hog 3 to Hog 4? (nice move by the way, of course, now I can't find it with muscle memory on either console..hee, hee) Those changes were far more drastic than what I am suggesting.

Changing the macro syntax from something clunky to something intuitive should be simple enough and if anyone were to complain about not getting to use the comma key and instead having use that pesky + key, I would be shocked.
Children
No Data