Macro syntax

I am new here and this may have been covered. If so, I apologize.

I would like for comment macro syntax to be more in line with the rest if the system syntax. For example:

If I want to "GO" multiple, non-sequential virtual lists, it seems like the syntax should be GL 41 + 47 as opposed to GL 41 , 47. That comma is just not intuitive and requires fumbling about on a qwerty keyboard for a command that should be almost instantaneous.

Likewise, if I want to automate a fader, it seems to me that the syntax should be FM 10 / 0 TIME 6 as opposed to FM 10 / 0 t 6. Again, my fingers and brain know where the time key is located, but I have to stop and look for the T key and, frankly remember that T is the command that automated a fader over time.
Parents
  • Goto moved closer to the numbers... Which makes hand movements faster
    And on a H4 it had to move because of pig+release would otherwise always needs 2 hands.
    Control was used by 99,9999% of the users on the touch screen...

I dont say that your idea is stupid, but during all my trainings changing of existing syntax is causing the most problems for users.
    If both ways would work it would be great and I admit that I often get stucked into this myself that I hit the + button in this case.

I also have no idea why the comma was used, I imagine maybe some typical programming syntax. As far as I remember from school and university in a list of elements , or ; is used to seperate the elements.
  • Goto moved closer to the numbers... Which makes hand movements faster
    And on a H4 it had to move because of pig+release would otherwise always needs 2 hands.
    Control was used by 99,9999% of the users on the touch screen...

I dont say that your idea is stupid, but during all my trainings changing of existing syntax is causing the most problems for users.
    If both ways would work it would be great and I admit that I often get stucked into this myself that I hit the + button in this case.

I also have no idea why the comma was used, I imagine maybe some typical programming syntax. As far as I remember from school and university in a list of elements , or ; is used to seperate the elements.
Children
No Data