Macro syntax

I am new here and this may have been covered. If so, I apologize.

I would like for comment macro syntax to be more in line with the rest if the system syntax. For example:

If I want to "GO" multiple, non-sequential virtual lists, it seems like the syntax should be GL 41 + 47 as opposed to GL 41 , 47. That comma is just not intuitive and requires fumbling about on a qwerty keyboard for a command that should be almost instantaneous.

Likewise, if I want to automate a fader, it seems to me that the syntax should be FM 10 / 0 TIME 6 as opposed to FM 10 / 0 t 6. Again, my fingers and brain know where the time key is located, but I have to stop and look for the T key and, frankly remember that T is the command that automated a fader over time.
Parents
  • I understood why GOTO was moved, and I like it there much better, it's just that my hands are still looking for it. Jumping back to a Hog 3 has my muscle memory completely screwed up. :-)

My point simply being that if we can survive those major changes as programmers, then switching the syntax from , to + is a non issue as it is keeping with the standard syntax of the desk. I totally understand the issues with changing syntax when training, however, I believe this is a minor step that would actually alleviate one of those issues as again, this the intuitive syntax of the desk.

I don't think I understood your "control being used by 99,999% of programmers on the touchscreen" comment. Sounds like something I should probably know but I am not following you.
  • I understood why GOTO was moved, and I like it there much better, it's just that my hands are still looking for it. Jumping back to a Hog 3 has my muscle memory completely screwed up. :-)

My point simply being that if we can survive those major changes as programmers, then switching the syntax from , to + is a non issue as it is keeping with the standard syntax of the desk. I totally understand the issues with changing syntax when training, however, I believe this is a minor step that would actually alleviate one of those issues as again, this the intuitive syntax of the desk.

I don't think I understood your "control being used by 99,999% of programmers on the touchscreen" comment. Sounds like something I should probably know but I am not following you.
Children
No Data