Ability To Access Individual Dim Circuits When Multipatched

This request kinda goes back to old school, but it would be helpful if the H4 user had the ability to select individual dimmer circuits in the programmer when multiple dimmers/DMX addresses have been patched to a single User ID/Desk Channel.

Right now I am patching a show for an LD, who likes her show patched with multiple dim circuits per channel and I would like the ability to both, give her what she wants as well as access a single dimmer within a channel/UserID if needed.

Is this request too far back?

:)

JB
Parents
  • Ohh yes, that could work Leggy. I like how your thinking out of the box.

Unfortunately in this particular case, the dimmers aren't consecutive. But your idea would work if they were consecutive. You could actually do it with a multipart fixture, but then you would have to have different size fixtures with different size dmx footprints.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of being able to access a syntax line that referred to "Dimmers" instead of user id's..

Just a thought, but not sure if the H4 system is coded to make this an easy addition.

I know, if the LD wants individual control, then in hindsight she should just adjust the fixture assignments accordingly. But I want to avoid the conversation that could occur if she said, "Well why can't you access each dimmer, I can on another desk."

JB
  • Ohh yes, that could work Leggy. I like how your thinking out of the box.

Unfortunately in this particular case, the dimmers aren't consecutive. But your idea would work if they were consecutive. You could actually do it with a multipart fixture, but then you would have to have different size fixtures with different size dmx footprints.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of being able to access a syntax line that referred to "Dimmers" instead of user id's..

Just a thought, but not sure if the H4 system is coded to make this an easy addition.

I know, if the LD wants individual control, then in hindsight she should just adjust the fixture assignments accordingly. But I want to avoid the conversation that could occur if she said, "Well why can't you access each dimmer, I can on another desk."

JB
Children
No Data