RDM

I really need RDM!!!
  • Would be very useful for me in the UK film industry... Quite often production are not willing to pay for a desk op on ALL of the rig days for a shoot.
    This normally results in some 'helpful' sparks rigging a load of DMX lamps, all addressed to 1 and then sending them up in the air only for a set to then be built beneath, making the bar inaccessible to me when I get paid to turn up the next day. On these occasions it would be great to have RDM on the desk as opposed to swearing at my tiny Swisson.

Also with lamps like the Arri Sky Panel, certain DOPs / gaffers will suddenly ask for the 'effects' mode which contains some great macros that can't be created on the desk (splitting the panel) and means changing the DMX mode from the preferred CT/RGBW mode at the drop of a hat. RDM would be a life saver here too.
  • OK...
    Aggreed.
    But addressing fixtures should normally not be part of the OP jobs...
    Any lighting-tech should be able to do it.
    But if the workflow is like that I agree.
    i´m working more in touring and events... So a different world
  • I'd like to bring this request back up please. I have actually now encountered pixelation fixtures that don't have the normal menu's on the fixtures we all know and love. You have to either hook them into a processor or they need rdm to address. Martin does this with a lot of their VDO and Sceptron series. I think it's here to stay and should be addressed (pun intended) and implemented.
  • I second bringing this topic back up. I work in the US film industry and am running into more and more situations where RDM would really be helpful on the console. Instead of having to have multiple apps and devices to adjust settings, modes, and or addresses; RDM from the console to take care of all of those things would be greatly advantageous and in the film industry where lights have to change fixture setting on a dime, it would be game changing.