Colour Model

In a world of steadily increasing RGBWA fixtures I reckon it's about time to include both W and A in the HSI environment by creating a new colour abstraction layer.
Thanks a lot
Marco
Parents
  • In HSI it is very hard to implement A and W, as if you look at the physical color modol of HSI these values are itself values with a specific HSI-value.
    White for example can be any hue-value with a saturation of 0, transfered into RGB it is 255,255,255... Thats physics ;-)
    So would you the only hve the W LED on?! Or W plus RGB... questions over questions.
    So the only way would be to have calibrated fixtures
    Otherwise I dont see any way how this could be done in reusable way for different fixtures.

I had nice chat with development during PL&S about this.
    There are thoughts how this can be done.

But it would be much easier if the manufacturer would provied a HSI Mode for these kind of fixtures, like ETC or also other brands already do
  • In HSI it is very hard to implement A and W, as if you look at the physical color modol of HSI these values are itself values with a specific HSI-value.
    White for example can be any hue-value with a saturation of 0, transfered into RGB it is 255,255,255... Thats physics ;-)
    So would you the only hve the W LED on?! Or W plus RGB... questions over questions.
    So the only way would be to have calibrated fixtures
    Otherwise I dont see any way how this could be done in reusable way for different fixtures.

I had nice chat with development during PL&S about this.
    There are thoughts how this can be done.

But it would be much easier if the manufacturer would provied a HSI Mode for these kind of fixtures, like ETC or also other brands already do
Children
No Data