Colour Model

In a world of steadily increasing RGBWA fixtures I reckon it's about time to include both W and A in the HSI environment by creating a new colour abstraction layer.
Thanks a lot
Marco
Parents
  • Yes, in the "real world", thats true, its because of the different levels the R, G and B LEDs emitt. But in the real-world of physics R+G+B equals W, and the color-picker is nothing than physics.
    And you cant change physics ;-)

My guess is that this only can be done if you color-calibrate the fixtures like it has been done in the past with several fixtures.

Have you ever worked with printing... you get some crazy stuff sometimes, even with the same values for RGB or CMYK just when have stuff printed on two different machines. Color calibrations of all gear, color-profiles and proofs are the way to go to provide a result that is the same or almost the same during the complete within the whole workflow.
  • Yes, in the "real world", thats true, its because of the different levels the R, G and B LEDs emitt. But in the real-world of physics R+G+B equals W, and the color-picker is nothing than physics.
    And you cant change physics ;-)

My guess is that this only can be done if you color-calibrate the fixtures like it has been done in the past with several fixtures.

Have you ever worked with printing... you get some crazy stuff sometimes, even with the same values for RGB or CMYK just when have stuff printed on two different machines. Color calibrations of all gear, color-profiles and proofs are the way to go to provide a result that is the same or almost the same during the complete within the whole workflow.
Children
No Data