Fixture Builder, More params

Constantly I'm finding myself searching for the correct parameter for a fixture that the shop has dreamed up and my boss has asked me to use. Currently I have a fixture with 1 Master intensity, 9 Sub Intensities, and 9 CCT params.

Since there is only a single CCT and CTB and CTO param I'm unable to make a single fixture profile that can make the fixture work as intended.

Can we get a set of additional params for things like CCT/CTO/CTB like CCT 1-9?

That would be super helpful for multicell fixtures that have discrete CCT controls per cell.

While you're at it, maybe make many of the greatest hit params have multiple instances?

A point-patched compound fixture unfortunately doesn't make the most sense given the nature that the fixture works, but it's a good band-aid.

Thank you!

-Elton
Parents
  • In general we do not like to add new parameters and instead try to make new fixtures use existing parameters. The main reason is to protect "change type" functionality. For example, if I add a new parameter for fixture X, then any programming done for fixture X will not work(i.e. is skipped) if you were to change type from that fixture to another. It sounds like what you need is a new user created compound fixture. You can do this by exporting individual types from the fixture builder into XML, then adding in the compound glue in the XML and building your own compound from the XML data.
  • In general we do not like to add new parameters and instead try to make new fixtures use existing parameters. The main reason is to protect "change type" functionality. For example, if I add a new parameter for fixture X, then any programming done for fixture X will not work(i.e. is skipped) if you were to change type from that fixture to another. It sounds like what you need is a new user created compound fixture. You can do this by exporting individual types from the fixture builder into XML, then adding in the compound glue in the XML and building your own compound from the XML data.
Children
No Data