Tips for better FX?

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Parents
  • I take issue with some of your comments here. The Hog effect engine is totally capable of creating any effects you see on other consoles, and often it is quicker and more intuitive. No disrespect intended, but it's all down to the programmer.

Your can can effect is absolutely possible, I create various versions of this all the time. Without seeing exactly how you are doing it, it's hard to say what you need to change, but you have to make sure the relative offset between the tilt and intensity effects is correct - select only intensity and slide the offset round until they match up. Also, reducing the effect length on just the intensity should help if you're getting a "bounce" at either end.

I'm curious, what kind of "sophisticated" effects do you think can be achieve on other consoles that the Hog can't do?
  • I take issue with some of your comments here. The Hog effect engine is totally capable of creating any effects you see on other consoles, and often it is quicker and more intuitive. No disrespect intended, but it's all down to the programmer.

Your can can effect is absolutely possible, I create various versions of this all the time. Without seeing exactly how you are doing it, it's hard to say what you need to change, but you have to make sure the relative offset between the tilt and intensity effects is correct - select only intensity and slide the offset round until they match up. Also, reducing the effect length on just the intensity should help if you're getting a "bounce" at either end.

I'm curious, what kind of "sophisticated" effects do you think can be achieve on other consoles that the Hog can't do?
Children
No Data