Additive effects with IPCB fader trouble

For a busking show i want the ability to cross fade in/out intensity effects of mutiple fixture types at once with 1 fader. All the fixures have their own Intensity fader on the playbackbaR with 1 cue wich contains only intensity @100% information. To add an instensity effect i tried the following.

Situation:
Batch 12 set as IPCB fader on console playbackbar.
Batch contains the intensity effects lists of my spots/washes/beams/etc...
Via scenes sending comment macro's to jump to specific cues within those intensity effects lists.

I can now choose wich type of fixture and what effect has to be played controlled by batch 12. The IPCB fader respons as expected as the value of the fader controls how much of the intesity effect is being added. Great that works!

Problem situation: The BATCH 12 IPCB fader is at 0%. I press one of the scenes wich sends a GL/2 on for example the spots int effects lists. With IPCB fader being at 0% i expected the effect to be halted until i move the fader up. But that wasnt the case. The effect instead played on full intensity.
Because it is a IPCB CROSSFADER it will only controll the effects list when the IPCB fader has been moved from 0 to 100 or visa versa, as a crossfader is intended.

Does anyone has brilliant idea to fix my problem? I have tried multiple variants and options but havent found a suitable solution. I want the ability to pre select the effects i want to fade in without being displayed until i fade them in by hand.

Parents
  • I've used a more basic setup similar to what you have described, where I have a cue running the main look, then a ballyhoo cue which is on an IPCB fader, to bring that in/out for corporate shows. I often stack a bunch of different effects in there, and change the Play & Back buttons on the master to be Skip Forward & Skip Back. So you can skip through the list to the cue you want while it's released, then bring it up with the IPCB fader.

I believe the only way to jump to a cue through a comment macro is to do the GL1/3 which unfortunately sends a GO command and runs that cue - not what you want. You could write a Keystroke Macro which does 'List 1 Goto Cue 3' and if that list is released it should jump to your cue without firing.

You could also move your effect lists to Masters 11>20, then display that 'wing' on screen (Pig + 1). Then you can select them on screen and use the Master Skip Buttons to jump around the list.
  • I've used a more basic setup similar to what you have described, where I have a cue running the main look, then a ballyhoo cue which is on an IPCB fader, to bring that in/out for corporate shows. I often stack a bunch of different effects in there, and change the Play & Back buttons on the master to be Skip Forward & Skip Back. So you can skip through the list to the cue you want while it's released, then bring it up with the IPCB fader.

I believe the only way to jump to a cue through a comment macro is to do the GL1/3 which unfortunately sends a GO command and runs that cue - not what you want. You could write a Keystroke Macro which does 'List 1 Goto Cue 3' and if that list is released it should jump to your cue without firing.

You could also move your effect lists to Masters 11>20, then display that 'wing' on screen (Pig + 1). Then you can select them on screen and use the Master Skip Buttons to jump around the list.
Children
No Data