Run Macro on Show Load

This was discussed a few years ago in another thread, but I don't see anything else more current, so I thought I'd ask. Is there really no way to run a specific macro as part of the show file load process? I see how to load one on boot, but this one needs to be run AFTER the show file loads, or at the end of the load process. IS there really still no way to do this? It seems like such a simple, basic thing I just can't believe there's no options / setting to do it. If I likely looked right at it while searching, feel free to tell me "hey dummy... You looked right at it here: ".
Thanks all!
-Mark
  • Hello,

I am assuming you are asking about Startup Macros. These will trigger once the show is loaded and all DP's are found.
    Setup - Preferences - Misc tab
    Section 24.2 in the user manual list the macros.
  • No. I want it to run the macro AFTER I load the show file. A startup macro would load between startup and show file load. Or at least that's my understanding. Ultimately it would be nice to be able to specify a list of any number of macros you'd built to run after the rest of the show file load, but if there was even a way to run just one automatically that would work. I know I can always fire it manually, but I deal with a number of young operators (high school students) who may or may not remember that's something they're supposed to do. If it just ran automatically, well then, problem solved.
    I hope that all makes sense.
  • Startup Macros will only trigger once the show has fully loaded.

Give Startup Macros a try as I believe they are what you are asking for as Startup Macros will only trigger once the show has fully loaded and all DP's are found. Startup Macros can trigger a list/scene, recall views, adjust fader positions ect

example:
    in a show
    setup - preferences - misc tab
    set a startup macro of RV1 (recall view 1)
    log off the show
    launch back into the show
    once back in the show, the startup macro will trigger and the view will get recalled
  • Michael is very correct, a startup macro will trigger when the program has finished loading.

If for whatever reason the comment macro is triggering Early You can set the startup macro to "GLX/Y" Where X= the list number and Y=the cue number

I would recommend "GL1000/1" which will fire list 1000s cue 1

I would record a bunch of blank cues and set them to have a follow time of +2s (Except cue 1) this means each cue will trigger 2 seconds after the last. I would do this until the end of the cuelist, and set you cuelist options to be Reset on Release and Auto Release at End that way when you boot up cue list is complete.

This is handy because you can create multiple steps for your boot-up process. You can also add in, take out and rearrange your order for whatever reason you may need to.

You can also program fixture control functions in the cues while other board functions are triggering, maybe you want to strike your lamps, and turn off the fixtures displays?
  • Thanks to both Noah and Michael. You're advice was spot on, and it's working exactly as I wanted now.