Midi controller options for Hog 4 pc

Hi!
I am currently trying to find a cheaper alternative to a Hoglet 4 for Hog 4 pc. I already have widgets to unlock Hog but I am looking for a midi controller to map to the programming section of the desk. Any recommendations on which controller I should get? (ps. I would like to get one that has encoder wheels so that I can map them to the encoder wings on the HOG). Any help is appreciated.
Parents
  • Hello,

I like the APC40MKII, the knobs work as encoders and it has buttons you can assign to the programming section using the MIDI Map Editor (Section 21.2.1 of the 3.15.0 Manual)

When looking for a midi device remember if the MIDI device does not repeat controller values of 0 and 127 then relative mode will not work properly. Also if the MIDI device does not output a full range of control values (0 thru 127) then relative mode will not work properly. Relative mode is necessary for encoder control.
  • Hello,

I like the APC40MKII, the knobs work as encoders and it has buttons you can assign to the programming section using the MIDI Map Editor (Section 21.2.1 of the 3.15.0 Manual)

When looking for a midi device remember if the MIDI device does not repeat controller values of 0 and 127 then relative mode will not work properly. Also if the MIDI device does not output a full range of control values (0 thru 127) then relative mode will not work properly. Relative mode is necessary for encoder control.
Children
No Data