cue lists in hog4 vv eos

Hiya
I'm currently learning Hog4 after Eos and I'm confused by the difference between cues and cue lists/stacks. For reference, I'm learning off of the "Learn Hog4 Hedgeucation" series.

Basically: In eos, A cue is a state that hold data for every patched fixture in your rig. So if you want 1 thru 20 out in cue 1, they'll hold the value 0% in that cue.
In the Hog series, they show that you can cycle between cues that somehow add onto each other. For example, He has a set of cue lists for each fixture type in a different colour, and he's able to select 2 lists which target different fixture groups. In this scenario, the cues add ON TOP of each other instead of cancelling the previous value out. Hope this makes some level of sense.

Can someone please explain this to me? Is it just a difference in how they store value in cues in Hog? Is it to do with cue LISTS vs CUES ? Or something different still?

I'm also curious on how those interact when they are set on masters, if u also feel like breaking it down for me.

Thank you very much for your help :)