Plot vue

i would really love to have a vue like

img241.imageshack.us/img241/6443/matricewy2.th.gif

where we could:[LIST=1]
See where fixture are.
See basic state of fixture (Color, Gobo, Dimmer, Iris, Position(?))
Select fixtures
copy by drag and drop
See what is in active cue: pressing choose would highlight fixture and why not IPCBE
see level is not @full by grey color
drag and drop palettes on fixtures
See that fixture is in progarmmer by highlight cell (perhaps 2 colors one for when it's selected and other one when it's not)
  • Tom-

I agree that a visualizer built in to the system would be difficult on many levels.

The use of images or a standard CAD document was closer to what i was meaning- the ability to create a "live magic sheet" would be (in my mind) a extremely useful tool for both designer and programmer.
  • Eric,

I agree completely.

This functionality will most likely not be implemented in the immediate future, but I'd still love to hear suggestions from everyone about what would be most useful to them.

Here are some ideas off the top of my head to kick things off:

I think it would be very useful to have the ability to import a 3D plot from CAD applications commonly used in the lighting industry.

I'd like a 3D wireframe view that shows me basic IPCB information.

I'd like the console to intelligently use the information in the file about fixture type and user number to determine which fixtures are where. Fixtures that don't match the patch could be highlighted to indicate that they aren't rerpresenting anything in the show file.

I'd like to be able to import a CAD file on a console with no fixtures patched and read the patch into the console from the CAD file.

I'd like to be able to import a graphic file that I could have only visible in plan (overhead) view so that I can see the layout of scenic pieces and lighting areas on the stage.

I *need* to be able to select fixtures visually by clicking on them or by dragging a bounding box around them.

With the advent of RDM and ACN, I'd like to see indication on fixtures in the plan view when they report errors or problems.

That's all that jumps to mind, but I'm sure we will all come up with some additional ideas as this is discussed.
  • Well thats everything i was thinking and then some. I really like the RDM and ACN atuff . . .
  • [QUOTE=teerickson]Eric,

I *need* to be able to select fixtures visually by clicking on them or by dragging a bounding box around them.

And of course adding and subtracting should work with bounding box
Related