Copying Scenes to Cue Lists

Hi Folks:

I suspect this is a newbish question, but im not sure how to go about this. I have been through the manual section about scenes and cuelists and I have created a couple of scenes in my scene directory. I would like to be able to take my scenes and copy them - in a specific order to a cue list so that i can assemble a cuelist to run a service.

Im not sure if im attempting to do this the right way, or if there is a better approach. I am WIDE open to any / all suggestions of the right way to do this.

What I want to achieve is this: I would like to assemble a library of pre-defined "Looks" (some people call them cues, or scenes or presets) so that I can (ideally) either call them directly during a service, or assemble them into a cuelist to attach to a master so that the service can be run by hitting the GO key at the appropriate time (with the use of masters possibly for over-rides).

I initially thought that constructing my scenes (looks / whatever) in the scene directory was the way to go and then either playing them directly from there or copying them into a cue list, but its not working (they dont seem to arrive in the cue list) so im not sure where to go from here

I can gladly supply more info, if I've not been clear here

Thanks to all

TIM
  • Tom:

Cool i'll have a look into the different visualizers and start begging our worship leader to buy me one! :)

Has any one suggested the idea of an IRC Chatroom (Prehaps on freenode or one of the other multitude chat servers?

I reside in several on a regular basis and find them to be quite helpful as well.
  • Hi Tim,

It's been interesting reading your posts (and the replies) as i went through a similar change last autumn. I mostly do amateur stuff in Edinburgh, Scotland, and the theatre that we do a lot of the shows in has a Strand LBX (controlling 80 circuits of dimming). Occasionally, if we needed moving light control, or used a different venue, this usually entailed renting something by Zero 88.

I quite like the strand, but loved the idea of having my own desk, which I could pre-program at home and get to know inside out. So I plumped for a Hog PC setup, with widget and playback wing run off my laptop and I’m delighted with it. It’s great not having my ideas constrained by the desk’s (as in the Strand/Zero88) abilities! I grasped the concept of tracking quite quickly, but it took a while to keep remembering to turn lights off in subsequent cues!

It’s useful seeing the replies to this thread as I will probably have to do some busking in a show at some point in the future. I find programming on the Hog slower, but that’s because I like to name my cues and add some descriptions (whcih the Strand can't do). It’s so cool being able to have that sort of info on the screen, to reassure me what the next cue actually does!

And congratulations to HES and the forum members for making this such a great forum. It is the most constructive and helpful forum I’ve come across on the net, and doesn’t suffer from the personal slagging matches that a lot of others out there do.

For a visualiser, I use Capture. It allows you to build up the venue/rig, gives you real-time visualisation and does reports. I haven’t used WYSIWYG or Vision and Capture may not have all the bells and whistles that these have, but it’s a good all rounder and great value – ideal if your budget (like mine) is tight, plus there’s no ongoing subscription. It’s also very easy to use and quick to learn, and the support is good.

Good luck with the transition to the hog.

Rob
  • Rob:

I can tell you this, I'm quite excited about beginning the transition -- the GSX is the little brother of your LBX, and while a capeable board for desk channels only, thats all it can do -- we are planning to expand our rig to include lots of RGB LED fixtures (Color Blasts), A gaggle of intimidators (Moving mirror fixtures) and a few Studio Spots, with the intention to rent in additional as needed. The HOG3PC was merely the first step in what is going to be a large AV rebuild for our worship center.

I'm going to have a look at capture as soon as i can google up its address

Thanks for the tip

TIM
  • HI FOLKS!

We got our hardware and right now the only problem is that the widget is a HOG 2 Widget not a Hog 3 -- so until we can get the upgrade, I am busily learning the hog 2 software - most of what i have learned up to now applies so its not to big of a deal

TIM
Related