Weird Board Freeze

I have had this happen five times now. I am working on a small show on the full console. Client/Server, only 4 universes, and barely at that. I am programming along, not too fast and not slamming too many things at once when the board screens all go black and the mouse turns to an x and I can't restart any engines using pig open backspace. No response at all. So I have to reboot. I thought it was the one console I was using, so I switched the desks and rebooted (the one I was programming on I switched to my left and I started programming on the desk that was fine) and the SAME behavior happened. I had a wireless router in, so I unplugged that, and switched out some cables. I only programmed for an hour or so ater the last one, so I'm not sure if I solved it. Anyone had this happen?

The screens look EXACTLY like they do when you tell the console to quit and the screens go black before it tells you it's safe to shut the board down.

Any help would be great.

2.6.0 software, one ELO touchscreen in, one LCD monitor.
  • Chris,

The switcher was common- until I took i out of line to see if that was it. It was not. Or, at least, it did not prevent the problem.

I am still curious to know if the other system displaying this behavior is a Linux or XP system. I had alot of trouble with the Linux one, but never experienced a problem with an XP one. Perhaps that is totally random and I shouldn't assign meaning to it- but it's REALLY hard not to when your designer is breathing down your neck!

Thank you for your info. That tidbit of the behavior and power cycling being the only option is very valuable to know.

Best,

Mark
  • Hi Chris,

In my case the switch is one I use day in day our without fault. Cables were different as a change in location happened between the faults on the 2 consoles. Only other common factor was a ps2 keyboard.

I'm really keen to narrow this down whenever possible to a s/w or hardware issue as it's such a catastrophic one.

Thanks Ross
  • i had the same thing happen to me twice in as many days. i had a cue running and was waiting to start programing the next cue and whamo! hog3 full 3.1.5, 20"elo, dp2000, linksys wgrt wifi-n inline, playback wing, power backed up on an apc ups. 1 second i was looking at my output screen, the next i heard a click and all screens went to black with a crosshair mouse. front panle locked, I power cycled to regain show. interesting to note the first time it happend, I heard a click and everything locked, my views stayed in place, then after about 5 seconds by system rebooted itself, the screens did a slow line by line refresh from my views to the hog3 bootup screen then the rest of the boot up followed, was only the second lock the next day wher i had to power cycle. other superfluous things to note i had a laptop, and portable 4" tv plugged into same service (2 years with this config no issues), ther was an a/c unit being installed in the next soundstage no word as to any tieing in of said unit, also on the first day, ther was an electrical storm brewing about 30-40 km's to the northeast, but clear skies the seond day. thats about as much info i can give your slueths!
Related