3.1.6 (2773) Playback slow to respond

Hey Guys,

I know I don't have the newest, but I have been running into an issue with this version. I have 2 RHFB's and one laptop all running off the first RHFB's show and a DP8k with 4 universes (3 hard lines, 1 artnet).

I have been having issues where the playback of lists becomes extremely slow or unresponsive. This applies to the faders play/pause, main play/pause/skip buttons. I have my main cuelist with 21 cues in it. Randomly, it will go into this weird thing where when I hit any play button or skip fwd/back, the actual output will not change, nor the status of the cuelist. But the play button will do the green/red LED cycle just as if it would when a cue plays. After I hit the buttons 4 or so times, it will finally play the cue. But it plays the cue that is x times ahead of the current one which is the count that I had to hit the play or skip fwd button to get it to activate. This also happens on the slave consoles. I have also had this happen on 3.1.5. I haven't been able to put my finger on any kind of a common thing to make it happen. But its happening and shouldn't be.

Thanks,
Ryan
  • The last show of the SLS gig I did I had disabled the internal DP8k net #1. I only had 3 going which was an external DP8k. I did have a universe of artnet going out to a catalyst. I believe I was using a dlink switch, no router.. It was a 8 port gigabit but it did have the green ethernet which I have heard can cause some issues.

Basically with the other show I had, I would put the same show file on the other desk and it wouldn't work.. The conclusion I most recently came up with is that my main RHFB was good and my backup board had a hardware issue. Not sure if the disk got corrupted. I asked the shop console to do a full image on it. Next time I have it out I will check it again.

Last night I had an issue with the good one from that show however on another new gig I am doing. It was 3.1.7. Started a fresh show and patched everything in. Only had that board in standalone, 2 universes. Plugged DMX out of the console into some MA opto's and out to my rig. Had 10 mac 3's, 48 dimmers, 9 mac 700's, 6 mac 2k wash, 8 atomics. I just had started to flash through the rig on the ground before it went up. When I grabbed a light and activated anything in the programmer such as highlight, lamp control, pan, tilt - it took roughly 30 seconds to reflect any change on the fixtures. This was happening on both universes of the console. I figured this was not bad cables. Also not the optos fault. I looked at the opto light, and the data light would bling at maybe 3hz, super slow. I could also look at the DMX window and the changes were delayed in there as well, so I knew it was something software wise.. After getting a little concerned, I tried changing the DMX refresh rate, and no change. Next thing I tried was removing all the default artnet universe output mappings. Bam, instantly better.

If I had to speculate, there is an issue with artnet. I didn't have any link on the port since I had nothing plugged into it. Just guessing, but I feel like there is some error where something isn't realizing there is a link present and its trying to send out something thats impossible causing errors or something.

If you need me to send you this show file I can..

But I feel like this is all tied in. Something hardware wise with the RHFB is just not happy since I have been consistently having problems with these.
Related