Using Net2 and Net3 DMX gateways / nodes

Hello all,

I've been using Net2 DMX nodes for some years dating back to our old Emphasis system.  Now that we're running an Ion is it possible to use both Net2 and Net3 nodes simultaneously as DMX outputs for the system?  I just want to ask before I go purchasing any.

Thanks,

Mike Pilyih

Parents
  • Hi Mike,

The Ion console can output both EDMX (Net2) and sACN (Net3) simultaneously, so you can run a mixture of node types.

One thing to be aware of though, ETCnomad Puck and ETCnomad running on a computer with a dongle do not output EDMX (Net2) at all. Just something to be aware of if there is a chance that you might be integrating ETCnomad into the system at any point as a Primary or Backup device.

Graham

• Hello,

ETC Puck does run EDMX net 2,  I've found out.  I did purchase a Gadget 2, but while setting it up we found the Puck did work over the Net 2 Nodes (enabled Edmx in Network Settings)   

I know this is an old post, but I was looking for more Net2 Node info when I saw this.. So in case others have a similar question.. There's what I've found out. 

• Hello,

ETC Puck does run EDMX net 2,  I've found out.  I did purchase a Gadget 2, but while setting it up we found the Puck did work over the Net 2 Nodes (enabled Edmx in Network Settings)   

I know this is an old post, but I was looking for more Net2 Node info when I saw this.. So in case others have a similar question.. There's what I've found out. 

Children
No Data
Related